You do not recognize the child in front of you anymore.
You’ve done your best to provide a loving and supportive family for your child.
Testing boundaries is a part of adolescence, however, what you’re noticing in your child goes beyond the usual cadence.
Your child has started acting out in school, during extracurricular activities, and at home with you and their siblings. They throw tantrums and are expressing themselves angrily in a way that you are not used to. You want to help them navigate through this rough patch of their adolescence. You know in your heart that they are a good kid that needs help expressing themselves.
At Sunrise Counseling Services Child Behavior Therapy is best for children between the ages of 6 and 17. The goal of therapy is to help your child learn to cope with their emotions and thoughts so they do not act out aggressively and can process their experiences in a healthy way.
Who benefits from Child Behavior Therapy at Sunrise Counseling?
- Children who refuse to do what they are told
- Children who have a hard time building social ties and friendships
- Children who struggle with directions at school and at home
When you come to Sunrise Counseling Services your child will:
- Learn the tools to respond to family and friends in a positive way
- Have less angry outbursts or aggressive episodes
- Learn better sleeping and eating habits
- Build stronger connections to their social life