Sunrise Counseling is dedicated to serving and supporting the LGBTQ community with a goal of deconstructing systems of oppression. We offer an open and affirming environment to help navigate life’s challenges.
Here at Sunrise Counseling, we can help with:
- Building loving relationships with healthy boundaries, fostering self-compassion and pride (whether monogamous or poly).
- Addressing the impact of discrimination including transphobia, homophobia, racism, sexism, xenophobia, etc.
- Working through the trauma caused by unsupportive family, spiritual communities, and/or work environments.
- Enhancing resilience and transforming outdated coping mechanisms.
- Examining gender identity across the spectrum and supporting clients during transition.
LGBTQ therapy can provide a supportive and understanding environment for individuals who identify as part of the LGBTQ community. It can help individuals manage mental health concerns, improve relationships, and build resilience in the face of challenges and discrimination. By addressing these and other related issues, LGBTQ therapy can promote a healthy and positive sense of self and overall well-being.